We at Distinctive Dentistry have always utilized personal protective equipment that has exceeded all CDC guidelines, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff.
We will contact you 48-72 hours prior to your appointment and request that you answer a set of important COVID screening questions. It is required that we complete this questionnaire prior to your appointment. We will reschedule your appointment if you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are unable to answer our questions.
In addition to the above, we have also implemented the following changes to our office:
- Implementing personalized arrival and departure procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces and to keep patients distanced from one another.
- Requiring a mask to be worn by ALL patients and staff upon entering and exiting the office.
- Installing sanitizable barriers at our reception area.
- Requiring hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Administering an iodine oral pre-procedure rinse to reduce oral bacteria before dental visits.
- Recording vital signs, including temperature, blood pressure and pulse-oximetry of every patient prior to entering the office.
- Recording the temperature of every team member at the start of each day.
- Enhancing HVAC suction and disinfection with UV light filtration during all aerosolizing procedures.
- Requiring additional personal protective equipment such as face shields, full gowns, and N95 masks for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the virus.